[lbo-talk] Fact-checking Anonymous Sources?

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Thu Apr 13 11:39:16 PDT 2006

Michael Hoover wrote:

>forget who said that d.c. is only known vessel to leak from the top,
>stuff that
>gets uncovered is almost always because someone *high* in government -
>be s/he dissident, malcontent, servant, president - wants stuff uncovered...

True of a lot of the stuff you read in the NYT or WP. But that's not the way Hersh works - he gets his stuff from people further down the ladder who don't like the way things are being done.

I feel offended on Hersh's behalf that he's essentially being accused of carrying water for the Bush admin. The man is a national treasure and deserves a lot better than that.

Doug