[lbo-talk] Fact-checking Anonymous Sources?

Jerry Monaco monacojerry at gmail.com
Thu Apr 13 12:04:30 PDT 2006

On 4/13/06, uvj at vsnl.com <uvj at vsnl.com> wrote:

> Jerry Monaco wrote:
>
> >The U.S.G. has never renounced first use of nuclear weapons, they have
> always kept it open as a possible "tactical" alternative.>
>
> True, but this is also true of Britain, France and Pakistan. Russia has
> also withdrawn 'no first use pledge'. As for China and India: 'No first use
> pledge' is part of their nuclear doctrine, but whether they will really
> adhere to that pledge under crisis situation is uncertain.
>
> Every nuclear weapon state without exception is committed to use nuclear
> weapons under certain conditions.
>
> Ulhas

Pointing this out is irrelevant to my point. It is also not the whole truth. Britain, France, Russia, have all offerred at various times during different governments to renounce first use if other nuclear nations would renounce firts use. The U.S. is the only nuclear power that actually has a policy of first use and threatened first use. I am not sure what your point is besides. Is your point that U.S. should use nuclear terrorism?