[lbo-talk] Oil & Russia

Chris Doss lookoverhere1 at yahoo.com
Sat Apr 15 12:51:36 PDT 2006

Yes. Actually he's getting divorced, and one of the issues (outside of his wife's seeming descent into oure insanity) is that all her friends' (public-sector employees) wages have been rising at the same rate, while his (private-sector) wages have stayed the same.

The boom is really amazing. Rents have risen 2-4-fold since I came here in 2000.

PS. a "doctor" in Russia is not a doctor in the US. It requires only 5-6 years of schooling. They all know Latin however, since Russian prescriptions are written in that language. Or at least a modicum of Latin.