[lbo-talk] Oil & Russia

Chris Doss lookoverhere1 at yahoo.com
Sat Apr 15 13:23:21 PDT 2006

BTW I know I've said this before, but the Western Left's attitude toward Putin baffels me. The man has precided over a 70% (70%!!!) rise in real wages during his 6 years in power. And yet he is continuously denounced as an enemy of the people in Zmag and elsewhere. It makes no sense. It makes me want to hit my head on my desk in utter disbelief. There is a Wirstschaftwunder going on here that the left seems to be completely ignoring.

Now, if Putin spoke Spanish and engaged in anti-imperialist rhetotic, it might be a different story. ;)