[lbo-talk] Oil at $69 per barrel

Yoshie Furuhashi critical.montages at gmail.com
Sat Apr 15 14:40:28 PDT 2006

B wrote: <blockquote>Yeah, energy should be greener, Amricans need to rely less on gasoline, Europeans pay more so be thankful, yadda yadda. You'd find no bigger supporter of the idea that we oughta kick the gas habit than me. But this really hits working people, poorer folks, even middle income people, extremely hard.</blockquote>

True enough, but then the question is, why do Americans root for a policy that *will* bring the oil prices even higher, i.e., a policy of gunning for the sanctions on Iran (even just talking about the sanctions while beating war drums has already pushed up the prices)?

Americans, *think* before you act (or reply to pollsters) -- for once!

-- Yoshie <http://montages.blogspot.com/> <http://mrzine.org> <http://monthlyreview.org/>