[lbo-talk] Failure of Education

Jim Devine jdevine03 at gmail.com
Sun Apr 16 09:50:50 PDT 2006

On 4/15/06, Yoshie Furuhashi wrote:
> ... It seems to me that a majority of American anti-war sentiments are
> held by those who turned against the Iraq War because of the length of
> the war, a higher-than-expected casualty of US troops, and the picture
> of chaos (Washington's inability to get oil, power, and other
> productions up in Iraq; complex, fractured politics of Iraqis;
> mounting casualties of what appears to be sectarian violence, etc.).
> In short, many Americans are reacting against the contingent
> consequences of the Iraq War in particular, not against the reasons
> why Washington would do what it did (and will) in Iraq, Iran, and
> beyond.

it seems to me that the spirit of this represented the majority of US anti-war sentiment during the Vietnam war, too.

Then as now, it's opposition to the US in the country being occupied that counts the most. -- Jim Devine / "Any man who afflicts the human race with ideas must be prepared to see them misunderstood." -- HL Mencken