[lbo-talk] [Fwd: [bluegreenearth] Fan Who Called Dylan 'Judas' Breaks 33 Years OfSilence]

Dennis Claxton ddclaxton at earthlink.net
Sun Apr 16 13:15:07 PDT 2006

Jim wrote:

>BY the way, a lot of the Dylan-is-Judas stuff occurred in the UK, not
>the US.

Right. The guy yelled Judas at a concert in the UK. You can hear it all on the recording. Dylan responds, speaking into the microphone, "I don't believe you....you're a liar." Then they start playing "Like a Rolling Stone" and you can hear Dylan, off microphone, saying "play real fuckin' loud."

There's a new book out on Dylan by Mike Marqusee, an American who's been living in England for years. He wrote a very good book about Muhammad Ali a few years ago. That book had a long section on Dylan too.

http://www.sevenstories.com/Book/index.cfm?GCOI=58322100174020