[lbo-talk] WOW - Manchester, UK Easter celebration w/ Jesus singing Joy Division, etc.

B. docile_body at yahoo.com
Sun Apr 16 15:07:57 PDT 2006

I made a post a few months back about Manchester's decision to stage an Easter pageant w/ Joy Divison songs, etc. Well, here's the first video from it I've found -- "Jesus" singing Joy Division's "Love Will Tear Us Apart" to his apostles:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=nYCB8odruEU&search=morrissey

A Guardian article on the whole spectacle is here:

http://media.guardian.co.uk/site/story/0,,1695198,00.html

Also, if anyone cares about such things, I just uploaded/finished Radio Schizo podcast #10, delayed two weeks due to a car wreck and other stuff. I originally wanted it to be African-American punk (then black punk, as bands with black singers like X-Ray Spex aren't African-American) but it became a kind of hodge-podge. So there's some Afro-American punk here (Swiz, Oxblood, Bread & Circuits) and some mock Oi! (Jewdriver, a Jewish skinhead band mocking neo-Nazi band Skrewdriver) and also the gay skinhead anthem "My One Skin" by Hard Skin. Also, the Wrangler Brutes' "$45 per Barrel" which I mntioned in a post. Anyway, enjoy! =)

http://www.radioschizo.com

RADIO SCHIZO 10: April 16, 2006 playlist

1. ENGLISH DOGS - Ordeal By Fire 2. SWIZ - Tylenol 3. WRANGLER BRUTES - $45 A Barrel 4. BREAD & CIRCUITS - Dying by Degrees 5. OXBLOOD - Our City 6. IRON CROSS - It's a Fight

7. JEWDRIVER - The Jewdriver Anthem 8. OIL! - Clockwork Violence, Left Wing Silence 9. HARD SKIN - My One Skin

10. SUBURBAN DEATH MACHINE - Not My Friend 11. THE PIST - Black and Blue Collar 12. 86 MENTALITY - 86 Mentality 13. GORILLA ANGREB - Arbeit Macht Frei

14. DEATH TOKEN - Where's the Anarchy? 15. IRON AGE - Butcher's Bill 16. VIOLENT MINDS - Track 9 off "Eyes of Death" LP 17. POISON IDEA - A Nation of Finks 18. HOLY MOUNTAIN - ...Means You Have to Die

Radio Schizo is a Dallas, TX-based podcast and online radio show since Summer 2005. You don't need an iPod to listen. For details visit http://www.radioschizo.com. You can click the button below to listen to the show directly but please d/l the file to your h/d -- do not stream it. Thanks.