[lbo-talk] Nuke'm 3

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Mon Apr 17 09:58:52 PDT 2006

Carrol Cox wrote:

>The Security Council is mostly, until China & Russia get some
>backbone, an arm of the those thugs in the U.S. state department.

You've got almost as exaggerated a view of US power as George Bush. The US has little leverage over Russian foreign policy, and Russia could easily veto anything in the Security Council it wanted. China's a somewhat different story; it wants to remain on good terms with the US, for now. But we do need them to buy our bonds, so they're not powerless.

Doug