[lbo-talk] Dean Baker on immigration

JBrown72073 at cs.com JBrown72073 at cs.com
Tue Apr 18 06:25:46 PDT 2006

Marta Russell writes:

>When people start seeing the state spending tens of thousands of
>dollars printing every Medi-Cal notice in 21 different languages,
>even the most left in the disability community are alarmed by what
>this portends. One person I know who has spent her life dedicated
>to homeless and legal services said, I get this notice from MediCal
>in all these languages and I can't even get my teeth fixed. So there
>is certainly a clash. And how would you feel if you couldn't get
>your teeth fixed because the system is loaded down so much that they
>cut dental benefits?
>
>Marta

So, by that logic, when I can't get health services I should complain about those blind and disabled people because all the money that could be spent on me is going to braille and accessible elevators? Please. And just what does it portend? That those discriminated against are going to stomp each others throats screaming after the scraps thrown us by the rich? I guess so.

Jenny Brown