[lbo-talk] LA vs NY

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Tue Apr 18 08:06:52 PDT 2006

New York Post [Page Six] - April 18, 2006

SUPERIOR SMARTS

EVEN Bijou Phillips knows New Yorkers are smarter than sun-kissed Los Angelenos. The Manhattan-bred hellcat, who now lives on the Left Coast to pursue acting, tells Stuff magazine what she misses most about her beloved hometown: "The people, the culture, the art, the intelligence, my friends - everything. People who have something to say and have read a book besides 'The Da Vinci Code.' It's horrible. Even the intellectual people in Los Angeles are retarded. It's embarrassing." Asked if she would have done anything different to avoid being a Page Six fixture as a "wild child" teen, Phillips replies, "I definitely would have had a little more tact and not drunk so much alcohol."