[lbo-talk] Dean Baker on immigration

Marta Russell ap888 at lafn.org
Tue Apr 18 09:18:49 PDT 2006

On Apr 17, 2006, at 6:37 PM, Carrol Cox wrote:

> We can't operate on the only _fundamental_ assumption of our politics
> most of the time, the world being complicated and all.
>
> but on this issue we can. It's not complicated at all.
>
> There are only two categories of people in the world:
>
> 1) Workers and their allies.
>
> 2) Capitalists and their allies.
>
> The immigrants are all workers.
>
> Nuf said.
>
> Carrol

What about the disabled immigrants who cannot work due to an impairment that makes it impossible. They are not "workers" in the sense of producing by their labor. Where do they fit into your equation? Marta -------------- next part -------------- An HTML attachment was scrubbed... URL: <../attachments/20060418/a618d7b9/attachment.htm>