[lbo-talk] Immigration and Federalism

Marta Russell ap888 at lafn.org
Tue Apr 18 11:22:20 PDT 2006

On Apr 18, 2006, at 10:47 AM, Yoshie Furuhashi wrote:

> If anything, Marta, cracking down on Latino immigrants and making
> California whiter will make it easier for the state and federal
> governments to cut health care and other services. Many of them
> English-speaking Anglos don't vote with you and they sure don't
> demonstrate with you for the Big Welfare State. But many of the
> Latinos -- and occasional disaffected Japanese who come here for a
> lark :-> -- do and will (if you can't communicate with them verbally,
> just smile a big smile and cheer when they march).
>
> ¡Hoy marchamos, mañana votamos!
>
> --
> Yoshie

I never singled out Latino immigrants. This thread started with remarks on Russians and Persian immigrants. Russians are "white," most all the eastern European immigrants are "white." I'm not sure where Persians are situated in the color line but don't imply that I have made this a brown race issue when I certainly have not.

Marta -------------- next part -------------- An HTML attachment was scrubbed... URL: <../attachments/20060418/80097228/attachment.htm>