[lbo-talk] Science info, was Nuke'm 3

Jerry Monaco monacojerry at gmail.com
Tue Apr 18 13:10:13 PDT 2006

On 4/18/06, Chuck Grimes <cgrimes at rawbw.com> wrote:

> I have to say I am so disgusted with the US voter, I could care
> less. Screw'm. They've had decades to educate themselves on very
> important issues and policies that effect them and us, and the
> information is available. They still keep voting their worse
> prejudices: screw the darkies, screw the immigrants, screw the
> environment, screw public education, screw science, screw the arts,
> screw the Arabs, blah, blah, blah. They voted for Bush because they
> are just like him.
>
> Okay, finis. Screw you, screw your children, and screw your
> world. That's pretty much my attitude.

This is exactly the reason why no one on the left does anything! What is this elitist idiocy. Just dismiss everybody..... Well, at least it is only voters that you are angry at, that is less than 50% of the U.S. voting population. And maybe for some reason you are only angry at Republican voters, which is only 24 to 26%% of the voting population.

But instead you simply dismiss the whole of the U.S. people.... Instead of organize we show contempt. Sorry for being so angry, but I just got back from jury duty talking to janitors and clerks, etc. who were much smarter than most of the people I knew in Law School. These are the people that should be organizing and self organizing.

Jerry

-- Jerry Monaco's Philosophy, Politics, Culture Weblog is Shandean Postscripts to Politics, Philosophy, and Culture http://monacojerry.livejournal.com/

His fiction, poetry, weblog is Hopeful Monsters: Fiction, Poetry, Memories http://www.livejournal.com/users/jerrymonaco/

Notes, Quotes, Images - From some of my reading and browsing http://www.livejournal.com/community/jerry_quotes/ -------------- next part -------------- An HTML attachment was scrubbed... URL: <../attachments/20060418/4e62f752/attachment.htm>