[lbo-talk] Chomsky on Hersh & the leaked info he reported

Jim Devine jdevine03 at gmail.com
Wed Apr 19 13:16:08 PDT 2006

anyone who owns oil wells (i.e., the oil resource itself) gains from high oil prices, if the political situation allows the exploitation of the resource. However, I don't think Bushie engineered the situation to benefit his friends. He doesn't have that much power. Besides, his clique's interest is not in high or low oil prices as much as _control_ over oil with stable prices (at a higher level than we would like, but probably lower than $70/barrel). Also, they like getting rid of any government regulation of business unless it directly profits the in-crowd.