[lbo-talk] Dean Baker on immigration

info at pulpculture.org info at pulpculture.org
Thu Apr 20 10:08:26 PDT 2006

At 12:41 PM 4/20/2006, Carl Remick wrote:

>Speaking purely anecdotally, I have witnessed at length the complexity of
>the modern social organization, capitalist variety, from the inside, and
>have concluded this system richly deserves to be bashed. "Grasping the
>complexity" of the capitalist organization is best done when you're
>actually in the grasp of the capitalist organization.

LOL. I quoted you on the blog and meant to write, "This guys works in advertising, in the Belly of the Beast. He knows of what he speaks. I was tired and it was late, though, so I forgot that bit. And I think you're right: working directly for a petty bourg capitalist and seeing exactly how he made 5-7 times what he paid me, perhaps more that I don't kow about, and then running a business: you know exactly why and how it works. It's like Joanna has always said about her first tech writing job, documenting how each person performed their job at a financial institution. Belly of the Beast.

Bitch | Lab http://blog.pulpculture.org