[lbo-talk] Re: Kos [was: the political wing of the organized working class]

info at pulpculture.org info at pulpculture.org
Thu Apr 20 15:46:05 PDT 2006

At 06:02 PM 4/20/2006, Blackmail wrote:
>I was about to say that if anything he's dedicated to rebranding the
>Democrats in an allegedly grassroots way...
>
>On 4/20/06, Max B. Sawicky <<mailto:sawicky at verizon.net>
>sawicky at verizon.net> wrote:
>Kos is too full of himself to take advice from anyone.
>
>Dems are anxious to work with him because he helps them raise money.
>
>He's not very ideological in any case. He's got this quaint SDS-circa-1965
>idea of participatory democracy, transplanted to the Internet. He said in
>an interview on Jon Stewart that his two favorite pols are Mark Warner and
>Russ Feingold, who are about as different as you can get within the party.
>He is mainly focused on helping Dems win elections, an objective which
>dovetails with his business (selling ads on a Democratic partisan web site,
>and providing Internet-expertise related services to electoral candidates).

participatory democracy? you're kidding. Or do you mean quaint as in the "women's studies set" are for spreading their legs and getting coffee and shut up shutting up already if you're, good gawd, a member of a special interest group -- black, Latino, queer, etc?

Kos is an asshole

And people in positions of power know how to exploit chumps like Kos and, thus, get them to believe they aren't taking anyone's advice. Di you read his pathetic excuse for a strategy? The guy makes me sick and he has no idea what participatory politics really means. Not to mention he and his minions think they actually 'make' news.

Spare me.

Oh. I forgot. Y'all are on board with the 'women's studies set' special interest group crap because, you know, winning elections is what counts. what total horse shit.