[lbo-talk] Classless society

Charles Brown cbrown at michiganlegal.org
Fri Apr 21 10:31:52 PDT 2006

WS: Jerry, I know the spiel, I did read the _Harmless People_ and take an anthropology course or two. I just do not buy the argument. I think it is a nice heart-warming story that we all wish were true, but unfortunately it is a myth that uses the absence of evidence as evidence in its favor. Not a good thing, at least in science.

^^^^^

CB: Au contraire. Scientific anthropology and ethnohistory have presented affirmative evidence in support of the theory of egalitarian and classless primary human cultures. Yours is the heart-breaking story not supported by evidence, rather projecting your misanthropic list-personality onto human kinbased societies and prehistory.

You are trying to conflate the phony hardnosed airs of curmudgeons with the hardnosed demands for evidence of science, when in this case it is the curmudgeons like you who are talking comicbook "science" and projecting nightmare fantasy. You are the boy who cries wolf in human origins.

Scary to think of you mucking around in "Africa", New and Old.