[lbo-talk] Russians don't like immigration

Chris Doss lookoverhere1 at yahoo.com
Sat Apr 22 02:05:53 PDT 2006

> The U.S. isn't on top within the OECD (though of
> course these numbers
> are probably exclude the undoc'd - but I'm guessing
> the relative
> rankings are approximately right). What's Russia's
> share?

According to a recent UN report, Russia is no. 2, just beating Germany. I have a very detailed breakdown that was just published in one of the Russian glossies at home. (I don't remember which one, so I'm having problems finding it on the internet.) I'll look it up, assuming I haven't accidentally thrown it out, or search some more on the Russian net after I drop off the documents I have to deliver across town in the next hour.. The Moscow Mayor's Office estimates that there are 400,000 illegal immigrants in the city from the "near abroad" (which means former other former Sovier republics).

Nu, zayats, pogodi!