[lbo-talk] Re: Fwd: 1970's redux and where do we go from here?

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Sat Apr 22 09:48:22 PDT 2006

John Mage wrote:

>the most sensible establishment analyst, Stephen Roach

>as for the global economy he is reliably permabearish

So "sensible" = "permabearish"? I'm reminded of my late friend John Liscio's nickname for him from almost 15 years ago - "Stephen Roach 'Motel - the data check in but they don't check out.'" A cheap joke, yeah, but I don't see how a permabear could explain the rise of capitalism over the last, oh, eight centuries.

Doug