[lbo-talk] Chomsky interviewed by Ali G - wow

Carrol Cox cbcox at ilstu.edu
Sat Apr 22 11:42:37 PDT 2006

Wendy Lyon wrote:

> Isn't it possible he just doesn't share the radical left's views on
> everything? I don't always agree with him either, but I don't see any
> reason to accuse him of pandering to the mainstream.

Exactly. I disagree with him on quite a few points, but I see no grounds whatever for criticizing him. He is what he is, magnificently, and it would be horrible to have go without his contribution. When he spoke at the 1968 MLA convention some young woman got up in the question period and started raving about how he was a sellout. Gakh. I think that was the point at which Bruce F and I left the lecture and returned to the Americana to try to start a riot in the lobby.

Carrol