[lbo-talk] Nepal

Mike Ballard swillsqueal at yahoo.com.au
Sun Apr 23 07:41:51 PDT 2006

On 4/23/06, Dennis Perrin <dperrin at comcast.net> wrote:
> What say LBOers about events in Nepal? Are the Maoists leading this
revolt,
> or are they part of a wider campaign?

I think that there is a wider campaign lead by urban students who are looking to make/anchor the bourgeois democratic revolution in Nepal. I think the Maoists want to lead this revolution, but most people don't want them in power.

And the king uses the Maoist threat as scare bait to justify his royal dictatorship.

>And would anyone label this a Maoist revolution?

No me. But the Maoists are playing a role in the countryside, as Yohsie points out. It seems more like the Phillipine situation under Marcos to me. The Maoists played a similar role there, IMO.

Regards, Mike B)

Read "The Perthian Brickburner": http://profiles.yahoo.com/swillsqueal