[lbo-talk] LaRouche: world monetary system collapse by Sept '06

Jim Devine jdevine03 at gmail.com
Tue Apr 25 06:37:37 PDT 2006

Carrol Cox wrote:
>Looking back from the present, that appears to have been a very sensible
>perspective! :-) Much better the Red Army than the U.S. Army.

> The Soviet war was brutal, but I'm not unsympathetic to the position.
>
> Doug

the USSR at least had a friendly local government with roots in Afghan urban society to ally with. The US mostly had allies in the Afghan exile community or among war-lords. Further, the conditions got much worse under the Taliban (erstwhile semi-allies of the US), so I'm not surprised if the US/NATO occupation is more brutal. I don't know if it is or not. -- Jim Devine / "There can be no real individual freedom in the presence of economic insecurity." -- Chester Bowles