[lbo-talk] silence is golden?

Jim Devine jdevine03 at gmail.com
Wed Apr 26 08:01:07 PDT 2006

today, a lot of gay and lesbian students across the U.S. are having a "silence strike," in which they will refuse to talk, as a way of demonstrating the importance of gay students in school life and of protesting their treatment by bullies, etc.

good idea, but I have a question: does that mean that all my students who are silent today are gay or lesbian? ;-) -- Jim Devine / "There can be no real individual freedom in the presence of economic insecurity." -- Chester Bowles