[lbo-talk] LaRouche: world monetary system collapse by Sept '06

Michael Pugliese michael.098762001 at gmail.com
Wed Apr 26 09:53:19 PDT 2006

Would a right-wing magazine publish this? http://magma.nationalgeographic.com/ngm/0309/feature1/ By Andrew Cockburn Photographs by Jodi Cobb There are more slaves today than were seized from Africa in four centuries of the trans-Atlantic slave trade. The modern commerce in humans rivals illegal drug trafficking in its global reach—and in the destruction of lives.

With an interview w/ lefty http://www.ucpress.edu/books/sale/pages/8428001.html http://www.ucpress.edu/books/sale/pages/10428.html Kevin Bales?

Field Notes From Author Andrew Cockburn http://magma.nationalgeographic.com/ngm/0309/feature1/assignment1.html
>...In Florida I met a group of farm workers, including many former
slaves, who are trying to improve the barbaric work conditions of migrant farm laborers. They call themselves the Coalition of Immokalee Workers. It felt good to see that there are people who have escaped slavery and are now trying to empower others.

While I was in Costa Rica, I met some very young kids and listened to them talk about their horrible trafficking experiences in the sex industry. Young girls are enslaved in areas like San Jose's Gringo Gulch, where a lot of American sex tourists go for a "good time."

I heard hundreds of stories like this during my assignment, and just when I thought I heard the worst one, it wasn't long before something else topped it. Sometimes I just wanted to throw up.

-- Michael Pugliese