[lbo-talk] RE: Re: fuck jurisprudence

Daniel Davies d_squared_2002 at yahoo.co.uk
Wed Apr 26 11:39:38 PDT 2006

Carl wrote:

> I think your considerable output for the Guardian has taken a toll of your
> fact-checking ;-)

what? I'm a British journalist now. I have adopted the community standards of accuracy. Only this week I found some memos saying that George Bush doged his military service, wanna look?

I have, however, just checked that it was Sir Richard Mottram who said, shortly after his Minister had tried to force a press officer out of his job:

"We're all fucked. I'm fucked. You're fucked. The whole department's fucked. It's been the biggest cock-up ever and we're all completely fucked"

This was described as "red brick language" by a Select Committee, for fans of obscure british higher-education-related snobbery.

http://www.parliament.the-stationery-office.co.uk/pa/cm200102/cmselect/cmpubadm/303/2030705.htm

best dd