[lbo-talk] progressive media cratering - Drudge

Chuck chuck at mutualaid.org
Wed Apr 26 20:03:51 PDT 2006

mike larkin wrote:

> A lot of lefties have a hard time accepting that the
> reason conservative media is popular is because
> Americans are conservative. There's really not much
> more to it than that.

Conservative media isn't popular and I don't buy your assertion that Americans are conservative. Look at the polling numbers right now for Bush. They point out that around 33% of American adults are hardcore idiots who will support Bush no matter what. That's a large nymber of Americans, but it isn't the majority.

How popular is conservative media? Popular in that millions listen, watch and sometimes read, but certainly not even close to a majority of Americans. How many people listen to Rush every day? Less than 20 million? Is Dr. Laura still more popular? How many people watch Fox News each day? Even less than listen to Limbaugh.

Of course, if lefties want to keep convincing themselves of their own marginalization, they will keep themselves in their ghetto. Some of us reject that mentality and we've seen success in reaching large numbers of Americans.

Chuck -------------------------- Bread and Roses Web Design serving small businesses, non-profits, artists and activists http://www.breadandrosesweb.com/