[lbo-talk] Nepal: "Maoist" and "Unified Marxist-Leninist"

Dennis Perrin dperrin at comcast.net
Fri Apr 28 06:11:55 PDT 2006

> In other words, you simply did exactly what I described you as doing.
> You know nothing about the Nepalese "Maoists" except their name, and
> through word magic you relate them to every random group with the same
> name. This is an extreme form of dogmatism.
>
> Carrol

No, quite the opposite. I simply asked the list about the character of the Nepalese Maoists, and wondered if there was any real connection to the Red Guards and Khmer Rouge (or for that matter, Shining Path) other than their political self-description. I conceded that I knew practically nothing about the Nepalese Maoists, save for what I read at Lenin's Tomb, which is why, O Blind Prof., I asked the fucking question to begin with.

As for my "extreme form of dogmatism," spare me your withered projections. God, what a boring pedantic teacher you must have been.

Dennis