[lbo-talk] Some chem data (sorry)

Chuck Grimes cgrimes at rawbw.com
Thu Apr 27 07:35:07 PDT 2006

Well, folks, that was bright. Hope everybody sharpened their pencils and got to work.

What that post was about for those interested.

According to some blog the Iranian separation centrifuges are 1.8m tall and run at 350 m/s velocity. I would guess they are about .5m to .75m in diameter from looking at the proporitions of other centrifuges. So that represents the max volume per centrifuge. They claim to have one cascade of 164.

A phase diagram for UF6 on wikipedia supplies the gas region for various P pressures and T temperatures

>From another formula the rough separative power per centrifuge can be
found (I hope). The equation requires the gas constant R and the diffusion constant D, hence the post copied from my errant kid's old chem text.

CG