[lbo-talk] I must not think bad thoughts. I must not think bad thoughts...

Jim Devine jdevine03 at gmail.com
Thu Apr 27 14:06:56 PDT 2006

recently, a lot of sports teams have been under pressure (and justly so) for the names and styles of their mascots, which denigrated, either directly or by implication, the original Americans (Indians). The next step is for the Animal Rights activists harass the sports teams with animal mascots for being disrespectful toward the non-human animals, who we treat as our slaves and food sources. It may start at the University of California-Santa Cruz, where the banana slug has been dissed for decades... -- Jim Devine / "There can be no real individual freedom in the presence of economic insecurity." -- Chester Bowles