[lbo-talk] Fwd: Top Business School Rankings in SSRN eLibrary (Beta)

Jim Devine jdevine03 at gmail.com
Thu Apr 27 16:19:37 PDT 2006

the whole biz of ranking schools and departments is unhealthy. It's like the Oscars, a big popularity game, while it encourages the "lower ranked" places to emulate the "higher ranked" ones, encouraging homogeneity. (Among econ. departments, for example, many of the second-tier places are much more into math fetishism than the first-tier ones, because they think that math is the key to the kingdom of heaven...)