[lbo-talk] Norwegian black metal update

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Fri Apr 28 13:34:45 PDT 2006

[from Popbitch]

>> Grim up North <<

This week's Norwegian black metal update

CN writes:

"Following on from last week's Gorgoroth story,

I used to live in Bergen, Norway, the dark

metal capital of the world, with the brother of

the now late drummer of Gorgoroth, who sadly

committed suicide. I would come home from

University and there would be a collection

of medieval weapons by the door, where most

people would leave their umbrellas. And in

the living room a bunch of guys made up as

corpses would be sipping tea and discussing

fine art or something entirely unexpected."

(FYI: German black metal band Nargaroth wrote a song for Gorgoroth's drummer, Grim, after his suicide, Erik - May You Rape The Angels.)