[lbo-talk] Re: "Save Darfur" etc

John Mage jmage at panix.com
Fri Apr 28 14:50:28 PDT 2006

Wojtek asked:

> What if we applied the same to WW2 and said that the US should first

> cleanup its act in South America before fighting the Nazis? I guess

> those being sent to concentration camps would take exception, no?

> Wojtek

If the US had sent maximum supply to the USSR&UK, but no military to Europe in WW2 (for all practical purposes the situation up until June of 1944 - when the Nazis had already lost), then the Red Army would have reached the channel, the partisans would have been in power in all the original EU, and the world would be a far far better place.

john mage