[lbo-talk] another brick in that neolib wall

Carrol Cox cbcox at ilstu.edu
Sat Apr 29 09:41:33 PDT 2006

Doug Henwood wrote:

> And one of the great things about that story line is that we (ok, I,
> but I bet I'm not alone) wish she would tell Tony and that Tony would
> squish the bug in a very satisfying fashion. Then you realize what
> you're rooting for and feel funny.

If I remember correctly, she does explan to _her_ psychiatrist both her urge to tell Tony _and_ her reasons for not telling him. That is, there is no mystery about either set of motives (motives to tell Tony, motives not to tell him). And incidentally, she is not a psychoanalyst, so as far as I know she has no professionaly obligation not to tip Tony off??? And in another episode she does talk very vigorously to Tony about the problems he has created for her -- when she has to hide out for awhile because some of his fellow mobsters are going to kill her for Tony's own good or something like that. (I didn't see all the shows in this particular sequence, so my memory his sketchy.)

Carrol