[lbo-talk] another brick in that neolib wall

info at pulpculture.org info at pulpculture.org
Sat Apr 29 10:03:44 PDT 2006

Except, of course, Carrol I didn't say it was a universal. What is the concept in linguistics, generics or something, where Carrol is taking advantage of a common habit of speech which where the speaker never really means "all" as if there are no exceptions.

So, if you have an objection to the general concept of stories like The Sopranos where Tony, especially, enacts on the screen some of our more vicious thoughts -- revenge, causing people pain, getting others fired, beating people to a pulp, mindfucking them -- then that's fine. But this is just nit picking that might be warranted were I someone who habitually made sweeping generalizations. But, I'm not.

Bitch | Lab http://blog.pulpculture.org