[lbo-talk] 12-Step Program for America (was "Save Darfur". . . .)

Andy F andy274 at gmail.com
Sat Apr 29 12:09:19 PDT 2006

On 4/29/06, Yoshie Furuhashi <critical.montages at gmail.com> wrote:

> Americans have not "hit the bottom," so to speak. If others smoke
> crack on their own, that's their business, but you have no business
> _asking_ others to smoke it or selling the stuff to them.

Sure, they can smoke crack to their heart's content, and they can buy as many shoes as they like too! They're Americans with credit cards and no credit, and nobody's gonna stop them, cause there are lots of sub-$50 deals at DSW, so they'll slip under the approval radar at least for a couple of hours. And they can get the shoes for our fetishist friend, so he's happy too. And the shoe buyers get back cash from the fetishist so they can effectively put the crack on plastic. It's all good. Until the oil peak hits.

On 4/29/06, Michael Hoover <hooverm at scc-fl.edu> wrote:
> all analogies are suspect, although some are more so than others... mh

Not mine!

-- Andy