[lbo-talk] another brick in that neolib wall

info at pulpculture.org info at pulpculture.org
Sat Apr 29 17:37:39 PDT 2006

At 09:19 PM 4/29/2006, Miles Jackson wrote:
>Wendy Lyon wrote:
>>On 4/29/06, Doug Henwood <dhenwood at panix.com> wrote:
>>
>>>And one of the great things about that story line is that we (ok, I,
>>>but I bet I'm not alone) wish she would tell Tony and that Tony would
>>>squish the bug in a very satisfying fashion. Then you realize what
>>>you're rooting for and feel funny.
>>
>>I have to admit, I knew exactly what I was rooting for and I didn't
>>feel funny at all about it.
>
>I understand that visceral reaction; however, to stand in for our
>inexplicably AWOL legal eagle Justin ("andie n."), I have to say I'm a
>little distressed at the casual disregard for the rule of law here. --Just
>as you feel justified if a Mafia guy clips a rapist, an anti-abortion nut
>is going to feel justified if the Mafia guy clips an abortion doctor. Are
>you sure you wanna go there? Or are you reserving the right to ignore the
>rule of law for people who are disgusted by the same things you are?
>
>Miles

I think you're getting carried away. They are talking about a television program and their reactions to it, which is no different than watching, hmmm, was it the movie Mildred the other day? (Danny Devito Rhea Perlman) the film was about a little girl who was treated like shit by her parents and came to have special powers which she used to retaliate evil head mistress at school.

Of course I rooted for the little girl, even when she was using her evil power to break into the house, steal the chocolates, and spin that evil head mistress around like a top just by thinking about it. made her go stark raving mad.

And, at some point, we may have to "retaliate" against capitalists in a war. Are you going to say, "Oh no, no blood and guts for me!" I'm not. I've had state troopers pointing their guns at my protesting, civilly disobedient ass. I knew on that day, when I looked at those shiny firearms, that I'd be happy to shoot one of those motherfuckers when the revolution comes. I wouldn't need any Mafiaoso to do it either, because I'd be happy to do it and because I can shoot a gun and hit my target. When the revolution comes, the people who are still defending this system and won't put down the guns in the face of the overwhelming majority of the people? They are ready to shoot me and we all be ready to shoot back.

O' course I think we need a Red Dawn for lefties, too. :)

Mujeres Libres!