[lbo-talk] push poll

Jim Devine jdevine03 at gmail.com
Sat Apr 29 18:12:08 PDT 2006

two days ago, I received a phone caller from New York [!]: a poll about the upcoming California gubenatorial election. The pollster couldn't pronounce the name of one of the Democrats running in the primary. It was a "push poll" for Arnold. It had questions of the ilk of "if you knew that it was true that Steve Wesley [the candidate with the pronounceable name] had raped nanny goats, how would it affect your willingness to vote for him?"

on another note, I saw the Tommy Lee Jones flick, "The Three Burials of Melquiades Estrada." Very strange. It treated the immigrants well, while making most Texans look bad, especially the character played by Jones.

-- Jim Devine / "There can be no real individual freedom in the presence of economic insecurity." -- Chester Bowles