[lbo-talk] another brick in that neolib wall

joanna 123hop at comcast.net
Sun Apr 30 16:59:57 PDT 2006

A very close friend of mine was raped and severely beaten (her arm was broken) by her boyfriend. Somehow or other, first offense, yadda yadda, he more or less walked. But my friend's ex-husband found out about it, uenarthed the guy and gave him a sound beating.

I was very glad that he did that. I'm not sure how this translates on a more abstract plane nor even if I trust that translation because, in this case, it seemed to me that the punishment fit the crime.

Joanna