[lbo-talk] another brick in that neolib wall

jthorn65 at sbcglobal.net jthorn65 at sbcglobal.net
Sun Apr 30 20:56:13 PDT 2006

On 30 Apr 2006 at 16:59, joanna wrote:

> A very close friend of mine was raped and severely beaten (her arm was
> broken) by her boyfriend. Somehow or other, first offense, yadda yadda,
> he more or less walked. But my friend's ex-husband found out about it,
> uenarthed the guy and gave him a sound beating.
>
> I was very glad that he did that. I'm not sure how this translates on a
> more abstract plane nor even if I trust that translation because, in
> this case, it seemed to me that the punishment fit the crime.
>
> Joanna

On a personal level I hope he enjoyed pured food for a good long time. While I'm more than happy to admit to many mind altering experiences I won't be posting any personal accounts in this thread.

I was just curious why rooting for a rapist to be the subject of vigilante justice would make some people uncomfortable in the context of a TV show? The point of it being on TV is that you know the person is guilty, there is no ambiguity there, so any concerns about possibly punishing the wrong person can be set aside.

John Thornton