[lbo-talk] a Republican explains the war in Iraq

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Tue Aug 1 07:13:09 PDT 2006

[from The Note]

Hastert spokesguy Ron Bonjean reacted to the Democratic missive thusly: "The Democratic leadership continues to demand that American soldiers end their mission and wave the white flag of surrender to the terrorists that we are. fighting in Iraq. In fact, 42 Democrats defied their leadership and stood with House Republicans last month to support both our troops and their mission in Iraq as part of winning the Global War on Terror. The Democratic leadership has failed to understand the sacrifices made by our troops on foreign shores are keeping the battle against the terrorists out of our cities and neighborhoods. Our soldiers know that by going into harms way, they are keeping American freedoms safe."