[lbo-talk] mothers for war

andie nachgeborenen andie_nachgeborenen at yahoo.com
Tue Aug 1 10:44:10 PDT 2006

Worse than useless, this overwhelming military power. As Chomsky has insisted over the years, this strategy is a suicide pact. If there is not real peace based on hostile but polite respect for everyone's sovereignty with Israel entirely inside the Green Line, it's only a matter of time till someone on the other side brews up something really nasty, chemical, biological, or nuclear, that will real annihilate Israel or enough of it so that it makes no difference, to which Israel will respond with the Samson option, blowing up the Arabs and Iranians with its nuclear weapons in its dying spasm. By that time the Iranians should have the bomb, which the Pakistanis already do, and they might take it ill to see their fellow Muslims incinerated en masse. You don't have to be a genius to see where this is going. Any other alternative to real peace does not exist. If the Israelis choose to continue the path of war, this catastrophe will happen within our lifetimes, it is quite manifest. Maybe even my lifetime. I have no particular hope that the Israelis will do anything else. If they are determined to commit suicide and the US will not make them behave by cutting their aid (fat chance), what forces tend the other way?