[lbo-talk] Israel demographics?

Joel Schalit managingeditor at tikkun.org
Wed Aug 2 21:26:05 PDT 2006

personally, i wouldn't read too much into it. there's always been an extremely large israeli emigre population in the US.

sometimes its larger than at others. most consistently, its driven by economic motivation, irrespective of when it happens.

there is an ideological identification given to israelis who 'leave' though. they're called "yordim" or fallen ones, because they've chosen to step down, so to speak, to the diaspora.