[lbo-talk] Israel demographics?

Joel Schalit managingeditor at tikkun.org
Wed Aug 2 21:40:03 PDT 2006

yup - this is all totally correct. i rarely hear political arguments for departing. generally, its framed in economic terms, which is its own set of problems.....

in terms of the high level of departures in 2004, that also corresponds to when the israeli economy was at perhaps its lowest point since the early 50s due to a combination of structural adjustment policies and the Intifada.