[lbo-talk] The Green Party: a wholly owned subsidiary of the GOP

Carrol Cox cbcox at ilstu.edu
Thu Aug 3 16:16:41 PDT 2006

Jordan Hayes wrote:

> "OK, we've done it. We've nailed it down: Every single contributor to
> the Pennsylvania Green Party Senate candidate is actually a
> conservative -- except for the candidate himself."

I haven't checked the web site, but I can easily see how:

a) The Green Party candidate could be a true progressive (no irony) and b) How conservatives might contribute to his campaign.

The secret lies in the stupidity of conservatives not to recognize that their best friends belong to the Democratic Party. Confusing the DP with actual progressive politics, they contribute to the Green candidate in the hopes that he will spoil it for the DP.

I say hurrah!

The more elections that get spoiled for the DP the better.

Carrol