[lbo-talk] The Green Party: a wholly owned subsidiary of the GOP

Chip Berlet c.berlet at publiceye.org
Thu Aug 3 19:30:54 PDT 2006

Not so funny when it really happens.

1) Sal Ferrera - Paris correspondent - College Press Service deep cover CIA informant

2) William Lemmer - Graphic Artist - Public Eye Magazine Informer for the FBI

Got stung by them both.

On the other hand, a Chicago Police Red Squad infomer sent to infiltrate a community group saw that their books were a mess and the organization was in financial chaos. He pulled together the accounting and fundraising and saved the organization. When he was exposed as an infomer, the organization pleaded to keep him.

When the Chicago Police Red Squad sent an informer to infiltrate Jessse Jackson's Operation Push, he saw there were no illegal activites and felt guilty. So after months of being a secret informer, he went to Jackson and confessed. Jackson said that they had know he was an informer from the first week when told by Black Chicago police officers. Jackson asked him to stay on--he was a great bodyguard. The dual relationship lasted for many months.

Now, these are funny stories.

-cb

From: lbo-talk-bounces at lbo-talk.org on behalf of joanna Sent: Thu 8/3/2006 10:01 PM To: lbo-talk at lbo-talk.org Subject: Re: [lbo-talk] The Green Party: a wholly owned subsidiary of the GOP

Michael J. Smith wrote:

>I remember when I used to run a little Left newspaper --
>I prayed to Marx every night for some hard-working
>police agent to come and help with the layout.

That's hillarious.

Joanna