[lbo-talk] Has the Left Gone Mad?

joanna 123hop at comcast.net
Fri Aug 4 10:29:55 PDT 2006

Rachel Corrie was nonviolent. It didn't work.

Nonviolence does not always work. It didn't work against the Nazis; it will not work against the Eretz Israel regime which is confident of its right to wrest the land and water from the "cockroaches" who now inhabit it.

Hezbollah cannot help the fact that the only way to defeat the Zionist state is through asymmetrical warfare. It cannot help the fact that its enemies believe in the efficacy of "shock and awe" and that these enemies do not think that the lives they're wasting and that they have been wasting for sixty years are worth anything.

The Zionist state has been laughing at the UN and defying its resolutions for fifty years. It believes that its military might and the support of the U.S. makes the UN irrelevant. Given that, what hope is there other than a force like Hezbollah?

Joanna