[lbo-talk] The netroots delivers yet again...

ravi gadfly at exitleft.org
Fri Aug 4 10:35:46 PDT 2006

At around 4/8/06 5:37 am, Colin Brace wrote:
> On 8/4/06, ravi <gadfly at exitleft.org> wrote:
>
>> The young turks get a little too far ahead:
>
> Ravi, this is nothing more than a bit of faux outrage propagated by a
> few nutball right-wing blogs (ie, Michelle Malkin) who appear to be
> rallying around their favorite "Democrat". That CNN picks up on this
> silliness is one thing; why you feel you need to give it further
> circulation is beyond me, unless you are one of these lefties who
> reserves special scorn for "non-revolutionary reformers". Whatever you
> think of Lamont, getting rid of Lieberman seems like a useful project
> for a little short-term gain.

Good response. I entirely agree that getting rid of Lieberman is a very useful project and I am the opposite of the scornful revolutionary reformers (who was it that pointed out that a revolution involves going full circle?). I tend to find that their righteousness is not matched well by their logic (by "their" I mean the revolutionaries).

WRT further circulation: I think I am guilty of a minor transgression, given that I see frequent forwards of material by Horowitz and other right-wing loonies.

But still, why? Because my message wasn't about Lamont vs. Lieberman but about the "netroots" and their general attitude (which I can summarize as youthful arrogance) on the one and only way to effect changes.

Outside of LBO I would be less critical of them.

--ravi

-- Support something better than yourself: ;-) PeTA: http://www.peta.org/ GreenPeace: http://www.greenpeace.org/ If you have nothing better to do: http://platosbeard.org/