[lbo-talk] Abortion

B. docile_body at yahoo.com
Fri Aug 4 10:52:20 PDT 2006

For what it's worth, I'm in Dallas, Texas, a city folks on the list recently said they wouldn't mind being attacked by terrorists, even though we elected (including me, personally) a Latina lesbian as our city sheriff -- .

Anyway, me and my gf would vote for Hillary if it came down between her and, say, John McCain, or Jeb Bush, or *any* Repub. Not because we like Hillary -- I like her less and less by the day, actually -- but because we know what strategic/tactical voting is, and we'll use that as a weapon against greater right-wing forces at-large, as would a lot of our ilk here in the big red state Bush decided to artificially make his home in the past 20 yrs. Austin, esp., doesn't deserve Bush or Perry.

-B.

info at pulpculture.org wrote:

"I talked to a mentor from grad school last Sunday. She's the diss advisor who retired b/c of the political b.s. in the dept. She said the more mainstream feminist comm. seems all abuzz about the possibility that it will be a face off between Hillary and Condoleeza Rice. (Like I said after the Katrina debacle, the republicans will run a black candidate.)"