[lbo-talk] Has the Left Gone Mad?

Carrol Cox cbcox at ilstu.edu
Fri Aug 4 11:30:48 PDT 2006

Doug Henwood wrote:

> Seems to me there's a difference between saying that Israel cannot be
> allowed to win in Lebanon, and the U.S. in Iraq and that Hezbollah
> and the Iraqi resistance are the only available agents to make that
> happen, and writing love letters to them.

Well, in material reality, they're dying for us. I should think that would gain at least a civil tongue in speaking of them. I am becoming increasingly disturbed by this nervous gathering of skirts about being contaminated by not showing proper distance from the only people now directly fighting u.s. evil.

Carrol